Holistic massage supports healing of the 'whole' person through sensitive touch and adaption of a range of therapies to a client's individual needs. It has evolved from from longstanding eastern and western massage traditions and draws on a vast range of knowledge. Influences include meditation, counselling- and the understanding of the impact of stress on health- swedish massage techniques and eastern based disciplines like yoga and tai chi.
Holistic massage can
- relax tight muscles
- improve circulation, nervous function and joint mobility
- ease arthritis and back pain
- soothe 'busy minds'
- reduce stress & insomnia
- increase self awareness and self esteem.
As a skilled and experienced holistic therapist I bring all of my knowledge and sensitivity to 'read' what I sense that your 'whole' system is telling me that it needs to heal in order for you to feel better.
When i put my hands on your body and 'tune in' to how you are feeling, your body communicates to me. I can 'feel where you feel pain, anxiety or anger. Your body literally tells me how you physically 'feel' about all these things- through your posture and how much tension you hold in certain areas.
A holistic massage treatment with me could include an individually tailored combination of the following:
- gentle touch
- working off the physical body and interpreting the 'aura'
- Swedish massage techniques
- percussion techniques
- passive joint movement and stretches
- appropriate techniques from other related bodywork like crystal healing and reiki.
Sessions are carried out on a massage couch and last either 30, 60 or 90 minutes.
Contact me on 07813 396659 for more information and to book